Thursday 16 April 2009

Alley Gates For Eccleston Street and Upper Diccinson Street

Early on in the year residents of Eccleston Street contact me one Friday afternoon, about the anti social behaviour that was going on in the alley way behind the houses of Eccleston Street, Upper Dicconson street and Dicconson Terrace. The final straw was when the car that was used in the Barclay's bank robbery was dumped in the alley way and set alight. Whilst this last kind of behaviour is not the norm it was clear that the residents had had enough. I went down within 36 hours of being contacted to have a look at the problem. It was soon apparent that the residents lives was being blighted with anti social behaviour. With Drug needles, beer cans and bottles and also gas canisters you soon got a picture of the type of behaviour that was going on. I agreed to help with the idea of having alley gates put up to stop this kind of behaviour that was going on. I also agreed to fund the project with my brighter borough fund so that we could get the project up and running as fast as possible.


I am please to announce that after consultation with all residents in the area that the green light as been given for the project to go ahead. The alley ways are being measured up and the gates made and will soon be going in and this will help the residents of the area to enjoy a better quality of life.



Cllr Gareth Fairhurst said,
" I am only to pleased to help the residents. I have kept the residents informed
as much as I could over the process and where the process is up to. The
residents had had enough and it was quite clear when I did a site visit that
something needed to be done. The residents have been understanding in this
process and I am glad they have the result what they all wanted."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.