Tuesday 8 June 2010

Government New policy on admissions and discharge

I hear that the Health Secretary is looking to change the way discharges and admissions are paid. Currently if some one is discharged from Hospital and then re admitted then the hospital gets funding. I was informed of this whilst a Councillor and raised this with the Council and the PCT but they both said that this does not happen and they do not discharge just to get beds.

A number of staff kept me informed of this and I raised it correctly but the pct said it was not the case. Now the Government has said this kind of practise should stop and pct or hospitals should not get more money and I agree.

I hope this improves the quality of care and will watch the developments with interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.