Sunday 6 July 2014

The week that ended........6 July 2014.

So shortly after writing last week's blog post I watched Dolly Parton at Glastonbury. Whilst many that know me and my history with music I was so looking forward to seeing her and what a performance. I have read the biggest crowd for a performance at the festival and raving reviews from other celebrities. There was Sky New reader Kay Burley who suggested that she was miming. Steven Fry response was great saying that it was her TV and he seen sky news readers lips moving when the words were not in sync. For me she was live and did a great job and loved the performance.

The rest of the week has been a bit quieter than usual. One thing that stood out was how Cllr Peter Smith, Labour Leader responded to tweatgate. Typical Peter - saying it was not his fault that I was kicked out for tweating it was the Mayor. He simply can't take responsibility for his actions as we all know that he controls the Labour lot and tells them what to do. If he doesn't want people to know what goes on in the council why not say I only want people to know what I want them to know.

This morning I was up early and went for a 20 mile bike ride, probably a bit too much for my first ride in a while after my health issues. But whilst I never set out to try and learn anything I just wanted an enjoyable ride, however, as I passed Martland Mill a HGV came out behind me. By the time he got to Asda I had caught up due to all the lights. Granted at the Fire Station I cut the corner off and went up Warrington Road. It took him to just before Hawkley Hall roundabout before he caught me back up again because he went round saddle junction and a numerous traffic lights. He's the thing if a bike rider, who's unfit, can get further than a HGV then business owners will not come to Wigan, as it the infrastructure is very poor. Until Wigan Council get a grip then business's will go elsewhere, which in turns means Wigan is losing out on employment.

Today is a great sports day with the British Grand Prix and the Wimbledom final. And the sun is shining too.

2 comments:

  1. I point blank refuse to use the title 'Lord' when referring to Peter Smith, the whinger is not worthy of it. Careful on that bike, if it wasn't for you and other independent Councillors we'd all be living in Wigan Labour gulags by now. Just read the article in the Mail (not my favorite paper, I must admit), however what a gross over reaction by the Mayor. Criticism will NOT be tolerated!

    99% of Wigan people are happy with the council? I've still not stopped laughing! And for the Mayor's next trick, a rabbit will be pulled out of a hat!

    You did exactly the right thing, unfortunately the Labour cabal care nothing of openness and transparency.

    Keep up the good work.

    R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Yep, Dolly was GREAT!

    R.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.