Sunday 23 October 2016

What's happening to Standish Village Centre?

So I have learnt that there are a number of businesses up for sale in the Village.

First is La Mamma restaurant. I hear a price tag of £260,000, if there are any takers? Next across the road is Posh Frocks. There is a note in there shop window saying everything is up for sale - business and stock. Finally the computer shop has closed too and that will be a juice and snack bar.

All these businesses are in close proximity to each other and I guess parking will be an issue for all business. I heard from another shop keeper saying he is looking to move out the village centre too due to the car parking.

I came up with a solution but Wigan Council would not engage with the land owners. Standish Village Centre is dying and Wigan Council are doing nothing but giving us more houses. They need to act on this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.